The accounting assistant is responsible for performing a variety of functions in order to ensure all accounting functions are completed smoothly and efficiently.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Compute, classify, and record numerical data to ensure financial records are complete.
- Perform routing calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in accounting records.
- Verify accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings completed by other workers.
- Operate computer programs with accounting software to store, record, and analyze information.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on spreadsheets and databases within the computer using specified software.
- Operate 10-key calculators to perform calculations.
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Code documents according to standards.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compile reports for matters such as expenditures, cash receipts, profits, losses, and accounts payable and receivable.
- Reconcile and report any discrepancies found.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to multitask
- Possess good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hand high-pressure situations
- Problem solving
- Willingness to learn
- Basic accounting knowledge and/or experience
- Knowledge of clerical duties
- Basic computer knowledge
- Critical thinking
- Mathematics skills