Title: Accounting Manager
Job Location: 19 N Broadway, Billings, MT 59101
Establish financial status by developing and implementing different systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information as well as the ability to manage staff.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Accomplishes accounting mission by completing related results, as needed.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements.
- Prepare annual budget.
- Schedule expenditures.
- Analyze variances.
- Initiate corrective action.
- Understand current and propose legislations as well as enforce accounting regulations and recommend new procedures.
- Protect company value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain financial security by creating internal controls.
- Apply observations and provide recommendations to operational issues.
- Guide other departments by researching and implementing accounting policies and procedures.
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses.
- Coordinate collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data.
- Prepare special reports.
- Complete administrative human resource duties such as hiring, training, and coaching of direct employees.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to develop policies, procedures, and programs.
- Develop budgets
- Management proficiency.
- Legal compliance
- Managing processes
- Attention to detail
- Motivating others
- Tracking budget expenses
- Accounting knowledge
- Reporting research results
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.