The line cook is responsible for accurately and efficiently cooking, preparing, and portioning food products, as well as maintaining a clean and sanitary work area.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Prepare variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items according to recipes.
- Understand how broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and other kitchen equipment operates.
- Understand and follow cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain clean and sanitary work station areas.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish standards for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during slower periods, as needed.
- Cook only items generated from restaurant POS system.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products.
- Prepare items for broiling, frying, grilling, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, and/or marinating.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to multitask
- Possess good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hand high-pressure situations
- Problem solving
- Previous kitchen experience
- Knowledge of different foods and ways to prepare them
- Fine dining experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.