The Gift Shop Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the gift shop as well as being responsible for supervising employees and completing administrative duties.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Serves as buyer for the gift shop by meeting with different vendors and product representatives to select a variety of goods and gifts.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of staff members.
- Supervises sales transactions by cash and charge.
- Maintains sales records and reports.
- Supervises daily operation of the gift shop.
- Meets, greets, and assists guests in selecting gifts and other merchandise.
- Organizes display and presentation of merchandise, while regularly changing those displays with consideration to the buying audience and/or season.
- Works with and supervises staff on how to properly stock and display merchandise.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects sales personnel in addition to providing on-the-job training.
- Keeps records and makes administrative and personnel records.
- Create work schedules for staff according to projected business need.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of merchandising techniques.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Knowledge of buying procedures and marketing methods.
- Retail management.
- Communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving.