As Corporate Group Sales Manager, you will fill a vital role in supporting the hotel’s financial goals through selling guestrooms, catering services and banquet facilities through direct client contact to maximize total rooms revenues. This position reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
The Corporate Group Sales Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/ exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Maintaining current relationships with existing accounts by entertaining clients, and conducting site visits.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for the hotel.
- Responds to sales inquiries in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate to various levels of business clients.
- Will actively search for and attain new sales prospects.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings both in and out of town.
- Conduct tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare proposals and contracts, as needed
- Develop sales plans and assist in determining rates.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
- Partner with catering to ensure that all guest needs are met
- Design, develop, and sell creative events, including catering
- Ensure that all budgets are consistently met
- Understand overall market (trends, competitors strengths and weaknesses, supply and demand).
As a benefit for being an employee at a four-star property, employees can take advantage of a competitive salary and state-of-the-art benefits package to include:
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Various discounts in each outlet
Requirements the ideal candidate will have:
- Qualified applicants must have one or more years in sales, Corporate Group segment is a plus, along with having a knowledge of the local area.( Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practice.)
- A demonstrated knowledge of maintaining four-star level service
- Open availability, including the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- A “can-do” attitude; team player
- Will provide a professional image at all times through appearance, communication, and dress.