The Front Desk Agent is responsible for accommodating guests by registering and assigning rooms to guests.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Register and assign guests to rooms.
- Issue room cards.
- Transmit and receive messages.
- Keep records of occupied rooms
- Keep records of guest accounts.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Present statements to guests.
- Collect payments and make change for guests.
- Perform bookkeeping activities.
- Post charges to rooms.
- Record guest comments and/or complaints.
- Refer guests to management as necessary.
- Obtain knowledge on different facilities throughout the hotel.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to multitask
- Possess good communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hand high-pressure situations
- Problem solving
- Basic computer knowledge
- Willingness to learn