The Night Auditor is responsible for accommodating hotel guests by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests’ accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Greet, register and assign rooms to guests of hotel.
- Verify guest’s credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Make reservations, either in person or via phone call.
- Issue room keys and escort instructions to Night Porter.
- Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts.
- Perform bookkeeping accounts, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
- Compute bills, collect payments and make changes for guests.
- Record guests complaints and comments.
- Simple accounting skills.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Critical thinking
- Previous Night Auditor and hotel experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of multiple computer software programs
- Time Management
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hand high-pressure situations
- Problem solving
- Proper judgment and decision making skills