The Commercial Attendant performs any combination of cleaning duties to maintain the Northern Hotel in a clean and orderly manner.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies using wheeled carts.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Empty wastebaskets and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Observe precautions required to protect the hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Replenish supplies such as linens and bathroom items.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
- Dust and polish furniture.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork waxing and polishing when needed.
- Experience in floor care.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Critical thinking
- Time Management
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hand high-pressure situations
- Problem solving
- Judgment and decision making