The room attendant is responsible for performing light cleaning duties to maintain hotel rooms in order to achieve four-star quality and service.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Carry linens, towels, toiletries, and cleaning supplies using wheeled carts and/or handheld carriers.
- Dust and polish furniture equipment.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobby, restrooms, elevators, stairwells, locker rooms, and restaurant facilities.
- Ensure all health standards are met.
- Empty wastebaskets.
- Transport trash and waste to appropriate disposal areas.
- Replenish supplies.
- Clean rugs, carpets, furniture, and draperies using shampooers and/or vacuums.
- Keep storage areas and carts neat, clean, and well-stocked.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, tiles, and countertops.
- Wax and polish as necessary.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Effective communication
- Customer service
- Problem solving
- Understanding of how to operate specific tools in order to complete job
- Possess increased stamina
- Service orientation
- Demonstrate cleanliness
- Display desire to achieve four-star standards