This position would be responsible for the SMERF market which includes: social, military, education, religious and fraternal. The ideal candidate will positively impact hotel revenues and meet sales goals by effectively soliciting, qualifying, negotiating and closing business within the SMERF market.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Locating, developing, negotiating new business relationships.
- Maintaining current relationships with existing accounts.
- Represent the hotel while striving to ensure that the maximum revenue in rooms, meeting spaces, and food & beverage is achieved.
- Respond to sales inquiries
- Actively search for an attain new sales prospects
- Entertain sales clients
- Conduct site visits
- Prepare proposals and contracts, as needed
- Develop sales plans
- Assist in determining rates
- Partner with catering to ensure that all guest needs are met
- Design, develop, and sell creative events, including catering
- Ensure that all budgets are consistently met
- Understand overall market (trends, competitors strengths and weaknesses, supply and demand).
As a benefit for being an employee at a four-star property, employees can take advantage of a competitive salary and state-of-the-art benefits package to include:
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Various discounts in each outlet
Requirements the ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of one to two years sales experience, preferably in hospitality
- A demonstrated knowledge of maintaining four-star level service
- Open availability, including the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Problem solving skills
- A “can-do” attitude