The server is responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to guests.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Take food and/or beverage orders from guests.
- Serve food and/or beverage orders to guests.
- Clean tables and counters as necessary to ensure cleanliness.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks (as required) for guests.
- Check guest identification cards to ensue age requirements are met in order to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Prepare checks for guests that are itemized and include total meal costs.
- Enter food orders in to the POS system.
- Collect payment from guests.
- Present menus to guests.
- Demonstrate menu knowledge in order to answer any questions and provide suggestions, as needed.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to multitask
- Possess good communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hand high-pressure situations
- Problem solving
- Server experience preferred
- Must be 18 years old or older