Pay: $15.00-$17.00, PLUS Tips
Job Location: 19 N Broadway, Billings, MT 59101
The Banquet Cook is responsible for accurately and efficiently cooking, preparing, and portioning food products, as well as maintaining a clean and sanitary work area. A successful applicant will be open and available for a variety of shifts based on the scheduling of events.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Prepare variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and other food items according to recipes.
- Understand how broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and other kitchen equipment operates.
- Understand and follow cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain clean and sanitary work station areas.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish standards for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Assist in food prep assignments during slower periods, as needed.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products.
- Prepare items for sauté, broiling, frying, grilling or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning, and/or marinating.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Previous kitchen experience, banquet experience preferred
- Ability to multitask
- Possess good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hand high-pressure situations
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of different foods and ways to prepare them
- Fine dining experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
**ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING**
Applicants: Please follow this direct company website link to complete our fillable application. All applications MUST be completed in full in order to be considered for employment.
After completion, email your application to email@example.com or you may print and return to the front desk.
- Chrome Users: Please complete the application and then download the file. If prompted, select “With your changes”.
- Firefox Users: Please complete the application and then click the “download” icon from the top right of the page. If prompted, save your file.
- Mobile browser users may experience issues with the application. Please enable “Desktop Site” in your browser, if available on your device, while on our jobs page or use a computer to access.