Job Location: 19 N Broadway, Billings, MT 59101
The host is the first point of contact upon a guests arrival to the restaurant. The host/hostess is responsible for providing a warm/friendly greeting to the guest immediately upon arrival through the entrance. The host/hostess will be responsible for seating guests and providing menus to them on a timely basis.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Greet and seat all guests within a timely manner
- Present clean menus to guest as well as the daily or nightly special
- Accept reservations and properly transfer them into the reservation book
- Observe tables to keep track of clean, dirty, and occupied tables
- Clean, organize, and stock menus at host area
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner
- Interact with guests
- Assist servers, as needed
- Polish glasses and silverware
- Assist with setting tables
- Ensure presentation of restaurant is always up to standards
- Assist with clearing and cleaning tables
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to multitask
- Possess good communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hand high-pressure situations
- Problem solving
- Willingness to learn
Perks of working for the Northern Hotel include:
Discounts throughout the hotel
• Restaurants: 25% off meals
• Gift Shop: 25% off merchandise and 10% off food and drinks
• Meeting Room discounts
• Discounted room rates for immediate family and employee
**ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING**
Applicants: Please follow this direct company website link to complete our fillable application. All applications MUST be completed in full in order to be considered for employment.
After completion, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may print and return to the front desk.
- Chrome Users: Please complete the application and then download the file. If prompted, select “With your changes”.
- Firefox Users: Please complete the application and then click the “download” icon from the top right of the page. If prompted, save your file.
- Mobile browser users may experience issues with the application. Please enable “Desktop Site” in your browser, if available on your device, while on our jobs page or use a computer to access.