Job Location: 19 N Broadway, Billings, MT 59101
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00/hour based on experience
The Room Inspector provides inspections of guest rooms to ensure quality and standards are consistently met. The Room Inspector is responsible for supporting the training of all newly hired room attendants and provide on-going re-training of established room attendants. They should be able to speak with others using clear and professional language. They are also responsible for the general support of the room attendants by performing routine general cleaning projects and assisting our Room Attendants in room cleaning as needed. This candidate should be organized and have a great eye for details to ensure that the Northern Hotel’s four-star quality and standards are consistent for our guests upon arrival.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works closely with Housekeeping Manager to ensure high productivity and quality control on daily basis in all guest rooms and public areas.
- Handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Inspect rooms, verify and report status and/or discrepancies of rooms
- Communicate to the Front Desk all vacant and clean rooms, the completion of guest requests, and room status discrepancies.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in guest rooms.
- Assist in training Room Attendants as needed.
- Respond to special guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Ability to interact with guests in a friendly, courteous, and helpful manner. Reports any guest complaints to supervisor immediately.
- Follow company and departmental environmental practices, safety practices, and policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Frequent walking and standing for entire length of shift.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, and carrying.
- Use of hands to operate cleaning equipment and complete scrubbing/washing duties.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity sufficient to inspect cleanliness of rooms and surfaces.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous housekeeping experience required, experience in hotels preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous commercial cleaning and/or guest service experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure.
- Ability to follow direction and instructions.
**ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING**
Applicants: Please follow this direct company website link to complete our fillable application. All applications MUST be completed in full in order to be considered for employment.
After completion, email your application to email@example.com or you may print and return to the front desk.
- Chrome Users: Please complete the application and then download the file. If prompted, select “With your changes”.
- Firefox Users: Please complete the application and then click the “download” icon from the top right of the page. If prompted, save your file.
- Mobile browser users may experience issues with the application. Please enable “Desktop Site” in your browser, if available on your device, while on our jobs page or use a computer to access.